10 signs you’re experiencing a quarter-life crisis:
I’ve been seeing so many Buzzfeed articles and memes about 25-35 year olds feeling behind, lost, hopeless, and confused about who they are and what they should be doing with their lives.
When will life start to feel like it’s “supposed to?!” I’ve wondered this myself.
When you graduated college, purchased a home, got serious with your partner, got that job, you believed this would finally make life feel like it was coming together. Until it didn’t. The relationship ended, you lost the job, you’re not satisfied.
“The quarterlife crisis is a period of life ranging from twenties to thirties, in which a person begins to feel doubtful about their own lives, brought on by the stress of becoming an adult. “
Here are 10 signs you might be experiencing a (totally normal) quarter-life crisis:
- You feel like you’re supposed to be further along than you are- your career, your relationships, your self development, your finances.
- You desperately want to feel confident in yourself, whoever “yourself” really is.
- You’re re-evaluating your family’s belief and political systems and forming your own ideas
- You can’t decide whether you should go after your dreams or pursue the career you got your degree for
- You don’t know what your dreams even are
- Your friendships are starting to change and you feel a deep sense of loss
- You desire to “take care of yourself,” but can’t exactly afford massages, yoga, organic food, and fitness programs.
- You try to “do it all,” burn yourself out, and then netflix binge in an attempt to rest. (Only to feel guilty for being so unproductive.)
- You’re trying to better yourself and be a healthy adult, yet feel held back by your parent’s expectations.
- You still care a little too much about what people think about your life choices.
- BONUS: You’re reading a life coach’s blog because you just want some damn answers.
If you found yourself laughing, nodding, and feeling totally heard, I want you to know you are 100% normal. You are discovering yourself, stripping away the things that no longer serve you, and owning your story. You are in the process of coming alive. Lean into it.
This is the time to lean into the discomfort!
Choose to heal old wounds, get to know yourself, make new friends, choose to break patterns and beliefs that no longer serve you! Leave the relationship, change the job, make wise choices, and keep growing.